Donnerstag, 12. April 2012

Little Introduction

Hi there!

This is really exciting because it is my first blog. I'm going to explain real quick what motivated this blog and tell you a few basic things about myself. My name is Charlotte, I was born in Germany, but am living in Switzerland now. I'm 21 years old. I started cooking by myself about 5 years ago. My mother is a great cook, so freshly prepared meals have been a part of my life for as long as I remember. 

My interest in cooking started with observing my mother in the kitchen preparing our meals. I would lean on the kitchen counter and ask questions about ingredients and herbs for seasoning. Soon I was chopping greens next to her, absorbing more and more of her explanations. The following step involved lots of cookbooks as I started to scan through a lot of ours at home and also started buying books and magazines. 

As I was  trying some recipes, I would frequently notice that some recipes would not work as they should. Amounts of ingredients were too small or too big and time specifications most often would not be enough. As I am not a professional chef I don't chop ingredients quickly, but I don't take too much time, either, so I started being a little frustrated whenever time specifications would not be working for me. 

This leads me to my motivation for starting this blog. As I believe there are many of you at home cooking for family or friends, I think a lot have come across this "problem". I generally like recipes with time specifications, because I often need to plan my meals in advance and knowing how much time I need to prepare my food is very helpful. I also love trying new recipes, discovering new combinations and broadening my mind - at least if the recipes work. This is why I have created this blog. I will share my favorite recipes with you as well as recipes I've tried   that ended with a small disaster.  

Cooking and baking are great ways to act out your creativity - let's get started!

   


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen