Mittwoch, 5. September 2012

Banana Bread, Pt. 3

Hi guys!

as I've been telling you lately, I have invested in a couple of new cookbooks and I really wanted to try new recipes from them. One of them is Nigella Lawson's "How to be a domestic goddess". I know, I know... That title! But we are talking recipes here, not book titles, right? I just love that this book is pretty large and supplies you with all sorts of recipes. Cakes, cookies, pies - you name it. Paired with Nigella's comments on each recipe and well-written instructions. I have found another recipe for banana bread in the book that I wanted to try as I love any kind of banana bread. You can find the recipe on her website.



Here's the link: http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/banana-bread-142

Here's the recipe with measurements for American visitors:
3.5 oz sultanas
1/3 cup (2.5 fl.oz) black rum
1 + 1/5 cup (5.75 oz) all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 stick unsalted butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
4 small bananas (about 10 oz)
2 oz chopped walnuts
2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Active preparation time: 20 minutes
Total preparation time: 2 hours

Here's how it turned out:


This banana bread is not your typical banana bread. It has a stronger fruity note from the sultanas and is pretty rich in taste with the rum, walnuts and banana combined. If you are looking for a recipe for traditional, classic banana bread try the version from Donna Hay. It is filed under "Banana Bread, Pt. 2". If you are open to new things, this version will give your banana bread a great-tasting twist.

Have fun trying!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen