Montag, 10. September 2012

Pumpkin and Feta Muffins

Hi guys!

It's monday again, so time for another meat free recipe. Autumn is starting to settle in Switzerland and with it are lots of winter vegetables. I got really excited when I saw that the grocery stores began selling pumpkin. I love pumpkin in all variations, especially because of its variety. Depending on what kind of pumpkin you use, your soup, bread or vegetables will taste quite differently. For today's recipe I've been going back to a recipe blog that really got me interested a while ago: Heidi Swanson's "101 cookbooks". I love her approach to healthy food and I love how she uses everyday ingredients that are easy to buy and use. I got a little carried away when going to a local pumpkin market with my sister, so we needed recipes to use all the pumpkin we'd bought. I stumbled upon Heidi's recipe for Pumpkin and Feta muffins and wanted to give them a try instantly. 

Here's the link to the recipe:
http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/pumpkin-and-feta-muffins-recipe.html

Here's how mine turned out:


I am not exaggerating when I say that I fell in love with these muffins at first bite. They combine different flavors and textures, from soft and sweet roasted pumpkin bits to peppery mustard and salty cheese. I was a little skeptic at first how they would turn out, but I am definitely going to bake these muffins again. They make a great way to use pumpkin a little different than in the usual breads or soups. These would go really well as an appetizer or entrée for a dinner with friends. 

Have fun trying!  

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen