Montag, 25. Januar 2016

Vegan Kale and White Bean Korma

It's monday and since I've been trying to get better at writing again - here is today's vegan recipe. I have had this all week last week for lunch and I was looking for it every single day. Korma is a type of curry, usually prepared with yoghurt or coconut milk and of indian and pakistani origin.

I came across the recipe browsing the Food52 website for all things curry as I was craving the depth and creaminess of a curry. This recipe has the added bonus of being vegan and featuring healthy kale and sweet potato which helps stabilize blood sugar. 
Here's the link to the recipe: http://food52.com/recipes/25591-vegan-kale-and-white-bean-korma


And here's the recipe with conversions:

1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 yellow onion
4 cloves garlic (I omitted, as usual)
1 teaspoon minced ginger
2 medium sweet potatoes
4 oz (115g) tomato sauce (I used passata)
1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
13 1/2 oz (380g) can light coconut milk
2 cups kale (I used a 400g (14 oz) bag)
15 oz (425g) white kidney beans (I substituted cannellini beans)

1) Chop the onion and minced the garlic, if you're using it. Peel and cube the sweet potatoes and chop the kale, discarding the thick stems.

2) Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, for 6 minutes or until soft and translucent.

3) Add the coconut milk, kale and beans to the pot. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until the potatoes and kale are soft and cooked through.

Serves: 4-6, depending on your servings
Active preparation time: about 20 minutes
Total preparation time: 50 minutes

Here's how mine looked:


I loved the subtle sweetness from the sweet potatoes that contrasted nicely with the kale and the slightly fiery curry powder. I served mine with some cooked quinoa and it was absolutely delicious. The prep is done in no time and you'll have this crowd-pleaser served before you know it.

Have fun trying!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen