Sonntag, 16. Dezember 2012

Caramel Shortbread Sandwiches

Hi guys!

As I promised all of you, another recipe from my little Christmas baking party. The following recipe is another recipe you wouldn't instantly come up with when you're from european or german for that matter, but I like the idea of trying something new and as I am a big shortbread fan, I wanted to try this recipe. It is from the donna hay magazine as the spiced brown sugar cookies I shared with you a few days ago. Here's the recipe:


150g butter, softened
1/3 cup (55g) icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups (225g) plain flour
2 tablespoon cornflour
2/3 cup (200g) store-bought caramel filling

1) Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in an electric mixer and beat for 8-10 minutes or until pale and creamy. 

2) Add the flour and cornflour and beat until a smooth dough forms. Roll the dough out between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper to 5mm-thich and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.

3) Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Using a 4.5cm round cookie cutter, cut about 40 rounds from the dough and place on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper, leaving room to spread. 

4) Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden. Allow to cool on wire racks. 

5) Spread half the shortbreads with caramel and sandwich with remaining shortbreads.

Active preparation time: about 30 minutes
Total preparation time: about 50 minutes

Here's how mine turned out:

I really like how the shortbread turned out; it's wonderfully buttery and crumbly, yet easy to prepare. If you wanted to make these biscuits extra special, you could make your own dulce de leche. I opted for the store-bought version, but I might try making my own the next time. I ended up with about 15 shortbread sandwiches, so about 30 cookie rounds. Please make sure to use all the dough you have and not throw leftovers away. 

Have fun trying and enjoy the christmas time!

  

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen