Sonntag, 2. Dezember 2012

Orange-Liqueur-Waffles

Hi guys!

It's been snowing all night so the world outside my window is looking white, calm and absolutely beautiful. I don't know about you, but I can't think of something I love more than snow in winter! The weather made me develop an appetite for something cosy and warm and I especially love waffles for lunch, accompanying afternoon tea or breakfast whenever it's getting cold outside. I tried a new recipe from my mum that she's been having for a few years, but I can't remember having made these before... I don't know where the recipe is from, but it certainly is pretty delicious...

Here's the recipe:

200g (1 1/2 sticks; 7 oz) unsalted butter, softened
200g (1 + 1/3 cup) all-purpose flour
100g (1/2 cup) superfine sugar 
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
3 tablespoons orange liqueur (such as Grand Marnier or Cointreau)
4 eggs

1) Place the eggs, sugar and butter in a bowl and beat with hand-held blender or kitchen machine for about 4 minutes until light and fluffy. 

2) Add the baking powder, vanilla and orange liqueur and mix to combine. 

3) Add the flour and beat until combined. 

4) Heat you waffle iron and cook the waffles until the dough is used. 

Serves: 4 (I ended up with 7 waffles)
Active preparation time: 15 minutes
Total preparation time: 20 minutes

Here's how they look:



I especially like the taste the orange liqueur adds to these waffles. You could serve them with whatever topping you like, or without any. I love mine with some orange marmelade, confectioner's sugar dusted on top or a little cinnamon powder or powdered ginger to add a spicy note. There are endless possibilities and lots of ways to use your creativity. 

Have fun trying and have a beautiful 1st advent!



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen