Donnerstag, 14. Juni 2012

Blueberry Muffins

Hi guys!


Blueberry muffins are such a classic, I could not write a blog without including one fool-proof recipe for these delicious summer treats. 


Summer is starting in Switzerland again - hopefully it's here to stay! As the weekend approaches, I like to have something to knibble on and enjoy while everyone is at home. I went to the grocery store and decided on some fresh, organic blueberries that were looking great. Now I know they taste amazing as well. I like to use fresh berries and fruit as often as possible in summer, not because they are healthier than frozen fruit, they are not, but because I like the texture they add to muffins, cakes, pies or crumbles better than frozen fruit.


Here's how mine turned out:
  
I've used a recipe by Donna Hay which I consider the best muffin recipe I have tried. Believe me when I say I've tried a lot. These muffins have a beautiful texture and the dough is nice and thick which will ensure your fruit doesn't sink and end in some unrecognizable fruit purée on the bottom. 


Here's the recipe:


300g (2 cups) all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
165g (3/4 cup) superfine sugar
240g (8 oz, about 1 1/2 cup) sour cream
2 eggs
1 teaspoon lemon zest
80 ml (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
190g (little over 6 oz) fresh blueberries


1) Preheat the oven to 180 °C (365°F). Mix the flour, sugar and baking powder in a bowl.


2) In a second bowl, stir the sour cream, eggs, lemon zest and oil. Mix it in the flour-mixture.


3) Fold in the blueberries. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases or grease with butter and fill with dough. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.


Yield: 12 muffins; active preparation time: 10-15 minutes; total preparation time: 45 minutes.
© Copyright: Donna Hay, A Cook's Guide, Muffins; p. 94.


These muffins are super easy; you are going to succeed every time. You could use any fruit you like, but I like them best with blueberries or raspberries. 






Have fun trying and soak up some sun over the weekend!
  

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen