Sonntag, 24. Juni 2012

Home-made Pasta

Hi guys!


The weekend always lends itself to preparing dishes that take a little more time and require a little more work than the average weeknight dinner. I try taking this time whenever possible, because it makes me happy. It basically makes everyone happy as my family loves fresh, home-made pasta. I know it sounds like a tough thing to do, but it is pretty easy once you've worked up the guts to give it a try.






Here's the recipe per Person:


100g (2/3 cup) all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg


1) Place the flour and salt in a bowl. Using your kitchen machine or hand blender with dough hooks, combine the flour with the egg. If there is flour left, add 1/2 teaspoon of water to make sure all is combined. You can also combine it with your hands.


2) Take the dough out of the bowl and knead it for about 5 minutes until it is nice and smooth. Make sure it is not sticky. It shouldn't be dry, but not too wet, either. 



At this point, the dough should rest for at least 1 hour. You can also prepare it one day and leave it in the fridge over night. 


Now get your creativity going. There's endless ways to form pasta. I normally choose the form depending on what kind of sauce I have. I like classic spaghetti with tomato sauce or in pasta carbonara and wider forms like pappardelle with a chunkier sauce. 


As I paired my pasta with sun-dried tomatoes and prosciutto di parma, I have chosen to go with a broader type, the pasta is called lasagna ricce. We have a pasta machine and a few different attachments.




If you don't have a machine, you can roll out your dough until it is really thin, dust it with some flour so it doesn't stick, layer it in two or three layers and slice it to make spaghetti, linguine or pappardelle.


Here's how they turned out:

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen