Mittwoch, 8. August 2012

Oatmeal

Hi guys!

I've been sharing a few of my breakfast favorites with you along the way, but as of today, I haven't shared my absolute weekday favorite. I love to make brioche or chocolate bread for the weekend, but on weekdays, I need something I can whip up fast. It is important to me, that my breakfast is healthy and filling without leaving me stuffed. I have found that Oatmeal works best.

Here's my recipe:

180ml (3/4 cup) soy milk
35g (1.2 oz; about 1/4 cup) spelt flakes
1 teaspoon maple syrup
fresh fruit

1) Combine the soy milk and spelt flakes in a saucepan over high heat. Once it's cooking, turn the heat down to medium and set a timer at 7 minutes. 

2) At 5 minutes left, stir in the maple syrup.

3) At the end, fold in the fruit.

Serves: 1
You can prepare this by doubling or tripling the ingredients. You might have to let cook the oats for a little more time, though. I have found that double the recipe needs about 9 to 10 minutes of cooking time. 

Here's how it looks:

You can use regular milk or almond milk, if you like. I am not allergic to cow's milk, but I've found that I like the taste better using soy or almond milk instead of regular milk. You can also use more maple syrup. I like my oatmeal to have a slight touch of maple syrup only and not be sugary. You can use any fruit you like, dried fruit if you like. I've used raspberries and blueberries in the picture above. When I'm using dried fruit like dates, plums or figs, I will chop it and add it to the cooking oats for the last 3 minutes so it softens a bit. 

Have fun trying!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen