Mittwoch, 16. Mai 2012

Raspberry and White Chocolate Muffins

Hi guys!


It's sweets time again and another Donna Hay recipe is waiting around the corner. I absolutely wanted to try her recipe for raspberry and white chocolate muffins and so I did!
The recipe is on her website, you can find it following this link: http://www.donnahay.com.au/recipes/sweets/fruit/raspberry-and-white-chocolate-muffins


Here is how my turned out:

As you know, I like things to be easy and simple, but delicious. I find nothing worse than having a ton of work with a recipe and it doesn't turn out perfect and delicious. 

This recipe involves a few quick steps:
1) Preheat the oven and line a muffin tin with paper cups or baking paper, cut into pieces.

2) Sift flour and baking powder, add the sugar.

3) Combine sour cream, eggs, oil and lemon rind and whisk together, than add the flour mixture.

4) Fold in the raspberries and chocolate and fill into the muffin tin.


The recipe says it makes 6, I got 12 out of the dough, so I guess that is a plain typing error. It took about 15 minutes to whisk the dough together. I used frozen raspberries as I find it easier to fold them in. The dough is rather tough, so fresh raspberries might break apart very easily and end as raspberry purée in the muffins rather than pieces.  


I like the combination of sour raspberries and sweet white chocolate a lot, but I can imagine some people might like the freshness of the fruit itself better than fruit and chocolate combination.


Please leave your comments and thoughts! I would also like to know if you have recipes you want me to try? I'm open for suggestions!!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen