Donnerstag, 24. Mai 2012

Rosemary Chicken and Roasted Sweet Potato

Hi guys!


Another day and I've been craving a little meat after 3 days of eating leftover vegetable pasta. Summer is waiting around the corner and it's been getting pretty warm in Switzerland, so I wanted to cook something light and summery. 


What I have come up with is Rosemary Chicken and Roasted Sweet Potato by Donna Hay. I don't know if it's because she's Australian, but a lot of her recipes shout summer to me. They often include a lot of vegetables and there's plenty of chicken involved that I love because I am not a big red meat-eater. 


This link will lead you to the recipe: http://www.donnahay.com.au/recipes/mains/poultry/rosemary-chicken-and-roasted-sweet-potato


Here's how my try turned out:




Steps for the recipe:


1) Preheat the oven to 180°C (355°F). Peel and cut the sweet potato, grate the parmesan. 


2) Add olive oil, parmesan, a little salt and pepper to a bowl and drop the sweet potato in. Toss to combine and spread on a baking tray.


3) Heat a pan over high heat. Add the olive oil and chicken and cook for 3 minutes per side. Place on the baking tray and cook for 10 minutes in the oven.


4) Pour the stock in the pan, add the mustard, rosemary, salt and pepper and cook for two minutes.


5) Serve the sweet potato topped with spinach leaves, the chicken and sauce.


Serves 4.


I love the different textures and variety of flavors in this dish. The sweet potato with its sweetness that is complemented by the saltiness of the parmesan is cooked soft, almost creamy. The chicken has caught nice flavor from frying. The sauce is a beautiful mix of salty and peppery with a hint of sweetness from the mustard. I have been using coarse dijon mustard. The recipe actually serves 4 people as stated. 


Have fun trying! Let me know if you'd like me trying something specific.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen