Donnerstag, 26. Juli 2012

Chicken with Haloumi and Honey

Hi guys!

Summer is holding up in Switzerland and I have been keeping my eyes open for summery dishes for dinner that are easy and fast as I have been working pretty late lately. I still believe that nothing delivers "fast" and "easy" quite as Donna Hay's "fast, fresh, simple", so I decided to try another one of her recipes. This time it's chicken with haloumi and honey. Chicken is full of protein, but very lean, especially if you use chicken breast without skin, and perfect for dinner. I personally like haloumi, so I was eager to try and bake it with sort of a marinade instead of grilling it in the pan or over the barbecue. Donna has been cooking the recipe in the accompanying tv-show for "fast, fresh, simple", so you can follow the link and even watch the how-to-video.

Here's the link to the recipe: http://www.lifestylefood.com.au/recipes/15116/chicken-with-haloumi-and-honey 

Here's how mine turned out:



 The recipe is as easy as it gets:

1) Put the chicken and haloumi in a baking dish.
2) Mix the olive oil and honey and pour the mixture over the chicken.
3) Top with lemon zest and layer with a few thyme leaves. 
4) Bake until the chicken is cooked.

Active preparation time: 5 minutes
Total preparation time: 25 minutes

I love how fast you are able to assemble everything. No chopping needed whatsoever. I made the chicken with rice to make it a full dinner. The lemon adds a pinch of acidity while the honey provides the dish with a light sweet flavor. This dish is full of different flavors which makes it very interesting. I love contrasting flavors and this might seem like a funny combination at first, but it is working great. This recipe will make a perfect lunch or dinner in summer.

Have fun trying! 




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen