Sonntag, 1. Juli 2012

Pasta with sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts and prosciutto di parma

Hi guys!

I love to use the extra time I have on weekends to cook something that needs a little more dedication, a little more time. My dad just loves home-made pasta, so I am happy to make his wish come true. I have decided to share a recipe my mum loves to make frequently in summer. I don't know how or when she came up with the idea, but it works great and is a favorite with the whole family. This recipe throws together a few summery ingredients that add great flavor on a few levels. 

First sun-dried tomatoes, one of my favorite ingredients of all time actually. I love their texture and the concentrated flavor of tomatoes picked at their best. 

Secondly, I add pine nuts. Pine nuts and tomatoes make a pretty basic combination for me. I like mine toasted to really set their flavor free and complement the tomatoes. 


My third ingredient is prosciutto di parma or parma ham. It is dry-cured ham that is typically served thinly sliced and uncooked. I cut my slices into thin strips and cooked them in a non-stick pan until they become crisp.


Here's the recipe:
Home-made pasta for as many people as you want to serve
100g sun-dried tomatoes
80g pine nuts
150g prosciutto di parma
parmesan, to serve
rocket, to serve

1) Cut the sun-dried tomatoes into medium-sized pieces. Toast the pine nuts in a non-stick pan without oil. Be careful not to let them turn black. 

2) Cut each slice of parma ham into thin strips. Cook in a non-stick pan until crisp.

3) Combine the tomatoes, pine nuts and ham with the cooked pasta and serve with freshly grated parmesan and, if you like to, some roughly torn rocket leaves.

Here's how it looks served plain...

 ... or with rocket:

I love this recipe; it shouts summer to me. The tomatoes, pine nuts and prosciutto work wonderfully together and the fresh pasta adds its distinct flavor to this dish. Perfect for a summer dinner outside!

Have fun trying! 


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen