Montag, 2. Juli 2012

Otsu

Hi guys!

It's Monday again so time for more healthy recipes. I have been looking a dozens of blogs so far always looking for grab new recipe ideas in general as well as vegetarian and vegan recipes especially. This is how I stumbled across 101 cookbooks. This blog is written by Heidi Swanson. She writes cookbooks and travels the globe constantly feeding her blog 101 cookbooks with new recipes that she tries to keep as healthy and natural as possible. I love that she has created separated folders for vegetarian, vegan or gluten free recipes. You'll be able to find what you are craving very fast. 
Here's the link: http://www.101cookbooks.com/index.html

I have especially been looking up the vegetarian and vegan sections of the blog and got tons of ideas I want to try. Today's recipe is Otsu. I didn't know anything similar before but I loved the ingredients Heidi uses so I went for it.

Here's the link: http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/000110.html

Here's how mine turned out:

Serves: 6
Active preparation time: 35 minutes
Total preparation time: 45 minutes

The recipe takes a little time and I split it in half, because I didn't want to eat it for the rest of the week. It still serves three easily. You can buy Soba noodles in Asian supermarkets or well-assorted grocery stores. The dressing is the star of the recipe. It ensures the soba noodles and tofu get interesting. Make sure to use good quality, organic, lemons and fresh ginger. It really makes a difference.

I love the different textures and various flavors the recipe offers. Spicy and sweet, crisp and soft combined in one dish. The dressing has quite a spicy touch from the ginger and cayenne pepper. The soy sauce adds a hint of sweetness. The cucumber adds crunch and the soba noodles are nice and soft. This recipe definitely surprised me and I am surely going to make it a lot from now on. 

Have fun trying!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen